Employee FAQ

FAQ for Employees

Who can use the EAP?
If your organization has put in place an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), then all employees are eligible to utilise EAP services.  In addition, your organization may have elected for EAP coverage to be extended to your dependents (e.g., spouse, children).  Please check with your HR department for the specifics of your EAP coverage.

What problems can I call the EAP about?
You can consider using EAP services to address any personal and/or job-related issues which negatively impact your performance at the workplace.  Some common personal issues include depression, anxiety, grief and loss, addictions, relationship/marital problems, and parenting difficulties.  Typical job-related concerns which may affect job performance include work stress and burnout, conflict with colleagues or supervisors, ineffective time management, and communication difficulties.

What services are included in my EAP?
Our comprehensive EAP package—Total Psychological WellbeingTM—includes the following standard components: Quarterly newsletter, wellbeing lunchtime talks, access to online self-help resources, face-to-face counselling, 24/7 Crisis Helpline, and referral to specialist services.  These services are available to all employees at no additional cost.  Please check with your HR department for the specifics of your EAP coverage.

How do I access my EAP services?
If you need assistance with a personal or work-related issue, email or call your assigned EAP Consultant to schedule a confidential face-to-face counselling session.  You can also contact your EAP Consultant by phone 24/7 for help with urgent matters.  Your consultant’s email and phone number are listed on your EAP membership card.  Do check with your HR department if you do not have access to the relevant contact details.

Who conducts the face-to-face and phone counselling sessions?
All counselling sessions are conducted by your assigned EAP Consultant.  He or she is a qualified mental health professional with at least a Master degree in Clinical/Counselling Psychology or related specialization.  He or she also adheres to the ethical standards governing their profession.

Where are the face-to-face counselling sessions held?
All counselling sessions are conducted at our Tanjong Pagar office.

Who has access to my counselling records?
Any personal information that you share during face-to-face or phone counselling sessions is kept strictly confidential.  No information can be released to a third party including your employer, without prior written authorisation from you.

Members Area